We, the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Boston and Associates-
as individuals, as local communities, as Congregation, as peoples of the earth,
- in the spirit of our charism of unity and
reconciliation, call ourselves to transformation of our relationship with the earth and all creation.
Joining together in the struggle to live out this call, we commit ourselves:
- To contemplate and proclaim the presence of God in the whole of creation.
- To recognize the web of life…the unity and interdependence of all creation.
- To cherish the earth as our sacred home, to reverence her holiness, and to rejoice in her beauty.
- To initiate or support efforts to heal the earth's damaged environment, to restore balance and harmony to the natural life-processes of the earth as an expression
- of our charism of reconciliation.
- To reaffirm our call to stand with the poor in their struggle for justice by sharing the finite resources of the planet justly.
- To insure the fullness of life for future generations by adopting lifestyles, values and practices which help to sustain renewable resources and preserve the diversity of creation.
In simplicity and joy, we commit ourselves to being Passionate lovers of God's earth.
May the Transforming Spirit of God be with us!