Income from Making a Donation
- You receive an immediate charitable tax deduction
- You receive a fixed dollar income for your lifetime
- You can increase income from a low-yield holding
- You can avoid capital gains tax on appreciated assets when they are used to fund the trust
- You free yourself from investment responsibilities
A charitable remainder annuity trust will pay you a fixed dollar amount every year for the rest of your life. After your lifetime (and/or the lifetime of a surviving beneficiary if that is your choice) the trust remainder is used to support the mission of unity and reconciliation of the Congregation of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Boston.
Through a charitable remainder annuity trust you can “give away the tree but still keep the fruit.” You receive a lifetime income from your donation.